CAD Level 2 Online Training
Next Step Guide to CAD
Next Step Guide to CAD. This course takes you from the basics learned in CAD Level 1 Online Training to a richer understanding of how the CAD software operates. Its adds advanced processes and a deeper knowledge of how to be most effective in 2D CAD development. This course answers most of the questions asked by existing users wanting to get more from their program. More...
"I am really enjoying it. I am working on a plan at the moment and the clients keep adding and changing things. It is so easy on CAD and since we are all on email, it is much easier to get them to look at new versions and give feedback without having to wait for an appointment with them.
I am looking forward to the 3D modelling."
Sarah Jones, Room Outside Landscapes Limited
"The online training course is great. The instructors are very clear and concise with everything so it's easy to understand and mimic when I attempt it. I must admit it can be a bit much to remember it all but I think I just need to use it and the many functions more often!"
Tristan Brunell, Megadeck Australia Pty Ltd
"Over a year ago I invested in (a competitor product) and the tutorials and learning curve with that program were rediculous. I was never able to get even one plan done with it. With yours I can crank out a plan rather quickly - ...its' very user friendly... the additional tips and tricks in the level 2 training i finished last week are brilliant. I am even more productive than before and very pleased I invested in the extra course. I think it may even be better that the first one. Is that your voice on the tute's?"
Jean Alwood, Engineer - Designer
CAD Level 2 follows on from CAD Level 1 and provides a comprehensive understanding of the use of 2D. By completing CAD level 1 and 2 you will be able to confidently begin using CAD in whatever design application you are involved.
Level 2 Course includes
- 20 comprehensive step by step exercises that continue on from your level 1 learning
- Quizzes at the end of each section to lock it in.
- Support videos for every exercise to assist your understanding.
- PDF manual detailing every command.
- Direct access to our trainers to answer your questions.
- An estimated 4 hours of material plus video support materials.
- CAD International CAD Level 2 Certificate issued on successful completion.
- The latest CAD Software to download and complete the course with.
Topics covered in the CAD Level 2 course
- Planes: comprehensive use of planes from gradient, solid, hatch, bitmap and pattern hatching.
- Changing Planes: exploring how to change planes rather than reinsert them.
- Arranging: How to re-order the display of entities on screen to reveal or hide them from view.
- Measuring: How to accurately obtain area, length and angle measurements from your drawings.
- Anchoring and Aligning: How to set out and align planes to other geometry in your drawing.
- Design Advice: How best to use planes without overpowering your drawing.
- Composed Drawings: Working with virtual layouts and placing multiple views of your drawing onto pre-configured sheets.
- Basic Text: Setting and using Text in your drawing sheets.
- Scaled Text: Understanding the concepts behind scaled and non-scaled text.
- Design Advice: How best to use Text in your drawing. What to do and what not to do.
- Basic Printing: Methods of printing. Quick print, preview current Window and Preview Scaled.
- Print Scaling: Getting accurate scaled drawings on any size paper.
- Generating PDF: Smartest ways to produce high quality small file size PDF files using PDF software.
- Figures: Comprehensive use and creation of Figures.
- Templates: Maximising the use of Template files to streamline your drawing process.
- Shape Exercises: Set of comprehensive exercise to test your knowledge and ability to think laterally when using CAD.
- Architectural Plan: Set of exercises to draw an architectural plan.
- DWG and DXF: Practical hands on of how import and edit DWG and DXF files
- Layer Window: Using the Layer window to speed up access to Layers, visibility and selectability
The complete this course you must:
- Have completed CAD Level 1
- Have a Mac or PC running Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- Have a mouse with a scroll wheel
- Have an internet connection
- Be prepared to enjoy yourself again and learn even more.
Note: Certificates are only issued on successful completion of the quizzes and exercises. Course remains active to students for three months after your first log-in but can be extended (at additional cost) if required.
There are no images for this product.
Frequently Asked Questions
[Q] Will I get support whilst I am doing the training?
[A] Yes. Simply email the support team and they will assist you if you need help.
[Q] How long do I have to complete the course?
[A] The course lasts for three months and can be extended (at additional cost) if you run out of time.
The course starts when you log in and register as a student for the first time. This means you can pay for the course now but you don't have to start the course straight away.
[Q] Do I have to purchase the CAD software first?
[A] No, you can complete the training with the evaluation version of the software that we supply free.
None of the exercises contain more than 100 entities, which is the limit for the evaluation version.
Before you begin you will need:
- Windows or Apple Mac
- Mouse with a scroll wheel for zooming and panning. You cannot successfully use a touch-pad found on notebooks nor a Apple Magic Mouse.
- 3Internet connection to view the video content.
- An email account to communicate with your tutor if required.
subscribe and receive the benefits of live response in many different ways.
CAD Level 1, 2 and 3D Online Training Bundle
Buy all 3 CAD online certificate courses in one bundle and save over $100.
CAD Level 1 Online Training
Absolute Beginners Guide to CAD. A most excellent CAD training course for all designers and drafters. Accelerate your CAD knowledge - learn CAD fast
CAD Level 3D Online Training
Moving Up from 2D to 3D. Experience the exciting and productive realm of 3D modelling using one of the easiest to use CAD programs. Learn how to work seamlessly in 3D using the 2D knowledge you have.
There are no downloads available for this product.
Buy CAD Level 2 Online Training
Select your Purchase Method
Prices shown are in AU$. Payments appear on your credit card statement in your local currency. 10% local tax is only added to orders purchased and delivered within Australia.
$37.50 delivery fee is applicable on orders physically shipped.