Bongo for Rhino 3D
Bongo brings professional animation into Rhino, using familiar keyframe tools found in most high-end animation packages. Professional animation tools Animate the moving, scaling, and rotating of Rhino objects without exporting.
Objects and viewport animations are editable in the Rhino window using simple drag and drop. Modify your objects and motion data without losing valuable time changing between programs. Easily preview your animations inside Rhino, in real time, in any shading mode by scrubbing the timeline or playing the animation.
Then render straight to an animation file using any Rhino renderer including wireframe, openGL, render preview, render, TreeFrog, Flamingo, and Penguin.
- Forward Kinematics – Moving, Rotation, and Scaling
- Constrain objects to curves.
- Force objects to look at other objects.
- Look-Along constraints.
- Viewport keyframing.
- Constrain viewport camera location and target to path.
- Automatic and user-defined acceleration and speed.
- Hierarchical relationships between animated objects.
- Render to single frames or AVI using any Rhino compatible render plug-in.
- Real-time preview in Rhino viewports using any shading mode.
- Timeline scrubbing in any shade mode.
- Industry standard-like timeline interface.
- Drag and drop keyframe manipulation.
- Animation mode button allows easy input of keyframes just by dragging objects.
- All animation data stored with the 3dm file – no need to import or export.
- Controller objects.
- Dockable interface.
- No special system requirements beyond what is needed for Rhino.
New in Bongo 2
- Zoomable timeline and the new curve editor give you greater control over your animations.
Save multiple animations per file.
Control many more parameters with the new keyframe editor and improved tweening.
Create architectural animations from named views.
Animate mechanical systems with the new IK engine.
Expressions, Object morphing, layer animation, sun studies, video textures, new video formats and much more.
Support for Rhino 6 for Windows.
Hidden so the rest of the accordion items are closed
What license options are available?
Bongo is supplied as a lifetime license that will continue to run for as long as your PC and operating system will support it. There is no compulsory subscription and you don’t have to be connected to the internet to use the software.
What is Flamingo, Bongo, Brazil, and Penguin?
Rhino3D is the modelling engine used to create your 3D objects, Flamingo is a rendering plugin that makes your model look almost real, Bongo will animate your model to produce a movie, Penguin will let you create illustrative images of your masterpiece and Brazil will do higher quality rendering.
In addition to these plugins from the makers of Rhino3D themselves, there are many third party plugins for Rhino. These range from jewelry design, ship design, structural analysis, fluid dynamics, animation and rendering.
for rendering we like to use Lumion and KeyShot (and sometimes V-Ray)
It can be quite challenging to find the ideal product for your particular need so be sure to ask our team for advice or recommendations.
Own a lifetime license of Bongo for commercial use in a single payment
Outright purchase in a single payment
Prices shown in AUD. Australian buyers add 10% GST
- 8 GB memory (RAM) or more is recommended.
- 600 MB disk space.
- OpenGL 4.1 capable video card is recommended.
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
- Multiple-button mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
- The SpaceNavigator is supported.
- Apple hardware is supported with Bootcamp.
- Windows 10, 8.1, or 7 SP1
- Rhino 5 or Rhino 6 preinstalled
Internet Connection for
- Download and installation
- License validation
Rhino Account for
- Technical support on the forum.
- Cloud Zoo licence management.