Hard-line to hand-drawn
“Love the look of hand drawn architecture. Has a much more approachable feel” D Vali. Architect
CADSketch is a unique tool that cleverly applies a series of typical hand drawn factors to the linework on each layer of your CAD created drawing.
When you draw by hand your lines are not digitally accurate, your hand wobbles and shakes a little, your pen splutters, widens and narrows, you line-work stops short or over runs and paper causes bleed and fuzz.
CADSketch lets you control all of these traits and more.
Once again with feeling!
CADSketch is all about giving you artistic license with your CAD drawings. Turn drawings that look manufactured into drawings that express creativity in the click of the mouse.
“Love that my clients can feel the drawing rather than simply read the drawing.”, Harmony V, Building Designer
Save various setting combinations that you have created to use on future drawings. Go from an architectural freehand style to a carefully considered finished appearance with just a hint of hand-drawn look and feel. The possibilities are endless.
Simple and effective
Just a few sliders but a great deal of control over each colour and layer gives you effective results in seconds.
“I use CADSketch at the early stage of design. It’s way more friendly for my clients ”, E. Dare, Architect
The aim of CADSketch is to produce a drawing that convincingly looks hand-drawn. The standard styles provided have been created more for their subtlety than for any highly distorting effects.
Work directly with AutoCAD drawings
You can work directly with AutoCAD drawings, rather than first having to save drawings into another file format. You can view the sketched effect directly and undo or make modifications as required. Predefined settings include Steady, Wobbly, Hasty and Architectural, each of which can be modified to produce custom settings that can be saved and recalled for future use.
Create many effects
By modifying amplitude, steps, overshoot and undershoot, you can achieve many effects. The control for setting amplitude for vertical lines yields a more realistic effect for architectural drawing.
The pen control allows you to select the type of pen used for the drawing. Settings range from Ball Pen to Ink Pen. The Ink Pen setting adds a splutter or thickening to the beginning of each line.
The effects can be applied by layer or by color. Individual styles can be applied to each layer/color, or turned off completely. Additionally, you can choose which CAD objects to sketch (such as lines, polylines, circles, text, etc.).
You can also add special effects and backgrounds to your sketched drawings. Backgrounds can be solid fills, gradient fills, and tiled images.
Additionally, you can save/retrieve sketch settings for individual drawings.
Do it yourself
You don’t need to be skilled at hand drawing to make your CAD drawings look softer and more approachable. Select a pre-configured sketch style or change the settings using the sliders and press go. Its that easy.
Save and enhance
Sketched drawings can be printed, copied to the Windows Clipboard, saved to PDF, or saved to a variety of bitmap formats for further processing with a graphics application as desired. Bring out the artist in you.
Works directly with any DWG or DXF file from any CAD program and makes a perfect companion for anyone wanting to take the very mechanical look of CAD drawings and give them character befitting of a true designer..
Hidden so the rest of the accordion items are closed
How does it handle images?
CADSketch only affects traditional CAD entities such as lines, arcs, circles, hatching, curves, text and dimensions. It also allows you to apply backgrounds such as images or textured tiles.
Does CADSketch support 3D drawings?
To apply sketch effects to 3D drawings, they first need to be saved as HPGL or HPGL/2 plot files (PLT).
To do this,
Using your CAD program, install an HPGL printer, such as HP DesignJet 750C.
Using your CAD program, print the drawing to file, selecting hidden line removal. This will produce a PLT file. The image will be in 2D with all hidden lines removed.
Open the PLT file in CADsketch. The file will be converted to DWG/ DXF for processing.
Create the sketched effects in the normal manner.
What license options are available?
CADSketch licenses are perpetual for the current version of the software. No compulsory ongoing costs. You require a separate license for each computer on which you install the software.
Can I install onto more than one machine?
CADSketch is licensed for only one computer. If you require a license for more than one machine you can purchase discounted additional licenses.
Is there a list of features available?
CADsketch allows you to quickly and easily create hand-drawn effects from AutoCAD DWG/DXF and HPGL PLT files.
The program can hand-render your drawings to create a sketched look. The program takes the lines in your drawings and applies random changes to them. Each line comes out slightly differently, so the results are not predictable.
- Compatible with Windows 10
- AutoCAD not required
- Quickly and easily create hand-drawn effects
- Add solid, gradient-fill, and tiled backgrounds
- Add special effects to your sketched drawings
- Supports DWG, DXF and HPGL (PLT) file formats
- Supports all versions of AutoCAD – file versions 2.5 to 2011
- Save your sketched drawings to AutoCAD DWG and DXF
- Save sketched drawings to Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format)
- Save sketched drawings to BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, PPM, TGA, TIF, EMF file formats
- Copy sketched drawings to the Windows Clipboard
- Save and retrieve sketch settings for individual drawings
- Extensive print functionality
- Browser style forward/back buttons allow easy file navigation
- Zoom and pan drawings
- Rotate drawings
- View drawings in model and paper space
- Layers control
- Supports line weights
- Support for external references
- Render True Type fonts
- Modify color and visibility of layers
- Quick Text option for faster display
- Print drawings to scale, or scaled to fit
- Print drawings to scale on multiple pages
- Preview drawings before printing
- Map colors to pen widths on printing.
- Include date/time/scale/comments/watermark on printed output
- Directory browse feature
- Intuitive multiple document interface
- Drag-and-drop functionality
Prices shown in AUD. Australian buyers add 10% GST
- Windows 10, 8 or 7
- Intel i5 processor (i7 preferred)
- 64 bit machine
- 8GB RAM (16GB preferred)
- 500MB Hard Drive (SSD preferred)
- Mouse with scroll wheel
- Dedicated graphics card with 2GB+ supporting OpenGL 2.0 or later
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution or higher
- Native Mac O/SX is not supported
- Windows via Bootcamp is supported