Self-Paced Online Certificate Training Courses
Absolute Beginners' Guide to CAD
This course will take you from knowing nothing about CAD software or its processes though to producing your first CAD drawing. On completion you’ll be able to effectively produce basic, accurate CAD drawings and have the foundations needed to fast-track further learning by completing Level 2. No previous CAD knowledge is required and the learning is fast and easy. Your CAD software is supplied free for the duration of the course and you have direct access to trained teachers to assist you if ever you need help – all included in the price.
What does Level 1 include?
- 43 comprehensive step by step exercises
- Quizzes at the end of each section to lock-in your learning
- PDF manual detailing every command
- Direct access to our trainers to answer your questions
- CAD-Level-1 Certificate issued on successful completion
- The latest CAD Software to download and complete the course
- Introduction: A bit of history and background understanding of CAD and how CAD is has developed and is used.
- Overview: An understanding of the course material and of the terminology you will encounter.
- Installation: How to download, install and set your CAD software for successful operation.
- User Interface: Clear and concise understanding of the software interface and the logic behind it.
- Help Systems: How to use the Help database, the online support and the manual to get the most from your software.
- Zooming and Panning: How best to operate an unlimited size design world on a limited size screen.
- Entity Selection: The process of picking and choosing entities to draw with and the best methods of making the right selections.
- Properties: Investigating and changing the properties of items you have selected to make them look the way you want.
- Style Sets: How to group various properties into named sets so you draw faster with fewer clicks.
- Cloning: Property duplication by using the clone command copy and apply properties from existing geometry.
- Free Drawing: Learning to draw without a pencil, but using the intelligence built in to CAD.
- Constrained Drawing: Making the most of tools that keep your drawing 100% accurate and professional.
- Coordinates: Different ways of entering data to suit different applications such as mechanical, architectural, landscape, electrical and survey drawings.
- Cursor Snaps: How to make the most of smart on-screen magnetic location features.
- Position Location Commands: How to draw with precision at any time.
- Trim, Extend, Divide, Delete: Exploration of all the main editing features used all the time when creating and modifying a drawing.
- Copying: Exploring the power of duplication, one of the big advantages of any CAD program.
- Shape Drawing: Step by step exercise to draw a defined 2D shape using the tools you’ve learned so far.
- Dimensions: Applying accurate dimensions to your drawings in just a few clicks.
From here you can use the software confidently for basic drawing or add CAD Level 2 training to compliment and expand your understanding and ability.
LANDWorksCAD Level 2
Next Step Guide to CAD
This course takes you from the basics learned in Level 1 to a richer understanding of how the CAD software operates. It adds advanced processes and a deeper knowledge of how to be most effective in 2D CAD design. This course answers many questions asked by existing users wanting to get more from their RealCAD program. Level 1 must be completed before starting this level 2. Once again the CAD software is supplied free for the duration of the course and you have direct access to trained teachers to assist you if ever you need help – all included in the price.
What does Level 2 include?
CAD Level 2 follows on from CAD Level 1 and provides a comprehensive understanding of the use of 2D. By completing CAD level 1 and 2 you will be able to confidently begin using CAD in whatever design field you are involved.
- 20 comprehensive step by step exercises that continue on from your level 1 learning
- Quizzes at the end of each section to lock it in.
- PDF manual detailing every command.
- Direct access to our trainers to answer your questions.
- CAD International CAD Level 2 Certificate issued on successful completion.
- The latest CAD Software to download and complete the course with.
- Planes: comprehensive use of planes from gradient, solid, hatch, bitmap and pattern hatching.
- Changing Planes: exploring how to change planes rather than reinsert them.
- Arranging: How to re-order the display of entities on screen to reveal or hide them from view.
- Measuring: How to accurately obtain area, length and angle measurements from your drawings.
- Anchoring and Aligning: How to set out and align planes to other geometry in your drawing.
- Design Advice: How best to use planes without overpowering your drawing.
- Composed Drawings: Working with virtual layouts and placing multiple views of your drawing onto pre-configured sheets.
- Basic Text: Setting and using Text in your drawing sheets.
- Scaled Text: Understanding the concepts behind scaled and non-scaled text.
- Design Advice: How best to use Text in your drawing. What to do and what not to do.
- Basic Printing: Methods of printing. Quick print, preview current Window and Preview Scaled.
- Print Scaling: Getting accurate scaled drawings on any size paper.
- Generating PDF: Smartest ways to produce high quality small file size PDF files using PDF software.
- Figures/Comonents: Comprehensive use and creation of Figures/Components.
- Templates: Maximising the use of Template files to streamline your drawing process.
- Shape Exercises: Set of comprehensive exercise to test your knowledge and ability to think laterally when using CAD.
- Architectural Plan: Set of exercises to draw an architectural plan.
- DWG and DXF: Practical hands on of how import and edit DWG and DXF files
- Landscape Specific: How to use almost all the landscape tools
- Landscape Excersises: Complete a range of landscape projects using your learned knowlege.
- Have completed Level 1 already
“Hi, I really enjoyed the course and found it very well suited for someone like myself to follow, can’t wait to do the rest! I only started yesterday and I’m done with level one! Granted, I didn’t do anything else for the weekend, but I really enjoyed it! Thanks.”
Joel Barnett, In Style
“Good course for CAD. Takes you through all the basics in very simple terms. Logical steps with good practical examples. Not enough software comes with this sort of training. This is very appropriate because CAD is very different from other desktop applications.”
Tony, The Outside Bit
“I haven’t finished level one yet due to time restraints but thank you for following up. I intend to complete the course and think the online course is excellent. I’m surprised how much help you guys are willing to give.”
“I LOVE the training, it is really good, useful, helpful, the exercises are fantastic, the tempo is right, it assumes no knowledge (as it should), without being at all condescending. I just need longer days or bad weather. Better, faster, funner described it well. I wish I could apply it to other aspects of training in other disciplines.”
“Hello, Please find attached the completed projects for assessment. I found the video tutorials and exercises very informative.”
Joseph Nicholls, Park Lane
“…. the additional tips and tricks in the level 2 training i finished last week are brilliant. I’m even more productive than before and very pleased I invested in the extra course.”
“Thank you for a very enjoyable course. I feel quite proud of myself! I would like to go on to do the next level but I’m a bit flat out for the next two weeks, I’ll get back to you after that. Meanwhile I’d like to watch all the videos again as a revision. Thanks again.”
“I thought it would be more difficult. I’d like to know even more but I guess I just need to practice :). Dani, thanks for your help when I got stuck.”
Do I have to purchase the software first?
Do I get support whilst doing the course?
Do I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
You have three opportunities to submit work for assessment and will receive your certificate when you pass. If you have followed the course material correctly you are sure to pass.
You do not have to submit your work for assessment if you do not wish to receive a certificate.
How long do I have to complete the course?
How many people can I include in the course when I purchase?
How long does it take to complete the course?
This varies greatly depending on how quickly you learn and how focussed you are. One user claims to have completed the course (level 1 and 2) over a weekend, however he did nothing else and his case would be unusual. Our estimate is that to complete both levels should take between 25 – 42 hours when done in blocks of 1-2 hours at a time.
LANDWorksCAD Level 1
Absolute beginners course
This is a Certificate Course
LANDWorksCAD Level 2
Next steps from level 1
This is a Certificate Course
Bundle of both courses in one purchase
This is a Certificate Course
Course Time Extension
Need more time? Extend for 30 days.
Prices shown in AUD. Australian buyers add 10% GST