BricsCAD Supported File Formats
What are the import and export formats? What formats are supported by BricsCAD?
- DWG format import/export
- open DWG/DXF/DWT
- save as DWG/DXF/DWF/DWT
- Non-DWG formats
- DGN: there is no import/export to or from DGN
- SAT: ACIS sat files can be imported/exported via acis-in acis-out
- IGS, STP, SLDPRT are not supported
RASTER files (also known as BITMAP or IMAGE files)
Import/Attach: Strictly speaking you cannot import a RASTER image into a DWG. The DWG format is in essence a Vector and not a Raster format . BricsCAD does however enable you to attach a raster file as a background image. This is achieved via the Image Enabler.
Supported formats include:
- .BMP, .TIFF, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .WMF, .EMF , .PCX, .RAS, .TGA
- V9.1.1 and higher: Support for ECW images.
- V10.1.4 and higher: support of MrSID images. LizardTech’s MrSID is one of the leading geospatial imagery formats.
Raster image files can have ‘world files’ or ‘position files’ associated to them. A world file is a text file which describes the size (scale), the orientation and the coordinates of the raster map images. Position file are typically used in GIS. Supported position file formats are:
- .TFW , .RAT, .JPW
Export: You can save screen view to raster format via file>export. The SLIDE command also produces raster files (.SLD) If you use a virtual printer like PDFCreator or PDF995, CutePDF, you can produce (large scale) PDF output. Finally many ‘external’ programs allow you to save a screen copy.