Can you install Lumion on Mac?
Can I install Lumion on my Mac?
1. Can you install Lumion on Mac Operating Systems?
No, Lumion can’t be installed on Mac Operating Systems, and there are no plans to make Lumion available on OSX.
2. Can you run Lumion in Parallels or VMWare Fusion for OSX?
Parallels and WMWare Fusion for Mac are not supportedand will cause crashes, glitches and License Key lock-ups.
3. Can I run Lumion on Mac using Boot Camp?
Windows is still required in order to install Lumion.
Boot Camp is a Mac utility that comes with Intel-based Apple Mac computers that allow to switch between macOS and Windows on boot up. M1 chip Mac computers do not have Boot Camp available.
IMPORTANT: Using Lumion on Mac via Boot Camp is not officially supported. Act-3D B.V. (the parent company) and CAD International, provide no warranties on any of the functionality in Lumion and do not accept any liability claims arising from the use of Lumion on Macs.
Act-3D B.V. and CAD International strongly recommend running Lumion on native Windows PCs as they can be configured with more powerful hardware than Macs which will make editing and rendering significantly faster.
1.1: To find out if it will work, please double-check that you have got the following:
- A relatively new Mac computer with a fast graphics card.
- The Mac must have an Intel CPU. Apple’s M1 CPU is not compatible.
- A Windows 10 license.
- At least 150 GB free hard drive space for Windows 10 & Lumion.
- Apple’s Bootcamp software for installing Windows 10.
- The latest driver software for the graphics card (see 1.3 below).
1.2: Please also note that older Macs often do not have very powerful graphics cards and will struggle when running Lumion. Please click here to check if your Macs graphics card is suitable for Lumion.
1.3: In addition, Apple’s Bootcamp drivers for AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards are often outdated, and Lumion 6.5 and newer might not be able to start on a Mac with those drivers. Please verify that you can install the latest official NVIDIA or AMD driver from the AMD or NVIDIA websites before running Lumion on your Mac.
Here is a link to the latest AMD Bootcamp driver
- External Link: AMD Apple Boot Camp Software Graphics Drivers
Here is a link to the latest NVIDIA driver:
- External Link: NVIDIA driver downloads
IMPORTANT: The Bootcamp driver for the iMac Pro (Late 2017) causes performance issues in Lumion and other 3D games/applications. Some iMac Pro owners recommend installing a modified AMD driver from the following website to resolve the problem but we are unable to confirm if that helps or not:
- External Link: Bootcamp drivers