Edit Text in BricsCAD
How do I scale or edit text in BricsCAD?
You can edit and modify a text entity as you would any other drawing entity. That is, you can delete, move, rotate, and scale text.
You can change the text color or layer in the Properties Bar.
To edit a multiline text, you can use the built-in text editor or choose an external program, such as Wordpad.
To edit a text entity. Do one of the following:
- Click the Edit Text tool button in the Modify toolbar.
- Choose Edit Text in the Modify menu.
- Type DDEDIT in the command bar, then press Enter
The command bar should read: Select entity to modify, then do one of the following:
- Click a single line text entity. The Edit Text window should open
- Click a multiline text entity. The Text Formatting Toolbar opens
- Then edit the text
- Press OK in either the Edit Text Window or Text Formatting Toolbar to apply the changes.
- Now do one of the following:
- Select another entity to edit or, Right click or press Enter to stop editing text entitites.
Note: If you double click a text entity the text editor window opens right away.
To select an alternate multiline text editor
Edit the MTEXTED system variable under Drawing/Drafting/Texts/Multiline Texts in the Settings dialog or,
- Type MTEXTED in the command bar, then press Enter.
The command bar reads: New value for MTEXTED, or . for none/:
- Type the file name and full path of the alternate text editor in the command bar, then press Enter.
e.g. C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\Wordpad.EXE