Import / Export File Formats in Rhino 3D
What are the Import/Export File formats in Rhino 3D?
Direct I/O support
- Save 3DM – Rhino V4 saves 3dm files in V4 format and has a SaveAs V3 and V2 option.
- DWG/DXF import/export –
- Opens, imports, and saves AutoCAD 2004, 2005, and 2006 files in addition to previous versions.
- Opens and imports AutoCAD 2007 files.
- Reads solids, hatchs, linetypes, line width, ordinate dimension, and MLINES.
- Imports AutoCAD blocks as Rhino blocks.
- Save DWG – Unreferenced block definitions are now exported to DWG file format.
- Use schemes to save the option settings. The schemes apply to both DWG and DXF exporting.
- Control the way curves are converted to AutoCAD.
- DGN – Open, import, insert, or attach MicroStation DGN files.
- FBX – Import and export.
- GHS (General Hydrostatics) import/export (updated) – Major enhancement for reading and writing GHS geometry and part maker files.
- GTS import – Import GNU Triangulated Surface (GTS) files.
- KML – Export to Google Earth.
- EarthAnchorPoint – Stores a latitude and longitude in the model so that when it is exported to mapping and GIS software (like Google Earth) it will be properly located.
- PDF/AI import – PDF and Adobe Illustrator 8+ files.
- AI export
- Supports page size, line weight, line type, and object color.
- ViewportBoundary option.
- PLY – Import and export.
- SketchUp – Import.
- SketchUpImportOptions – Specifies how SketchUp files are read into Rhino.
STEP import – Updated to support parts and assemblies as blocks.
STL export – warns if objects are not closed.
STEPTree – Browse the structure of a STEP file.
- WMF – Supports units.