Trace Over Survey Plan using CAD Software
Given a surveyor plan as an image. How can I accurately trace lines to scale in the lot boundary using my CAD software?
The following video shows how to Trace Over Survey Plan using CAD Software.
The steps are:
- Import the image by using Import bitmap by one point
- Hit ‘Enter’ to position the image on the 0,0,0 origin point
- Zoom in (using the scroll mouse) to see the imported image
- Change the line settings (line width and color) for clarity
- Draw a line using the longest given distance from the surveyor
- Select all entities, then scale by two points and given length
- Type the length and then select the start and end of the previously drawn line
- Hit Enter as the center of operation
- Now the image will increase its size dramatically. Zoom out.
- Use the Line > Insert angle constrained line command
- Type in the angle, length and check the Reference Line, Move Reference Line and Constrain Length boxes.
By doing that, we are making sure we are selecting a line as reference line, and constrain also the length of the line we want to draw
- Select the reference line, then start and end of the angled constrained line (as shown in video)
- Repeat the previously 2 steps to trace the entire lot boundary