- 43 comprehensive step by step exercises to view or print
- Quizzes at the end of each section to lock-in your learning
- Searchable PDF manual detailing every command
- Complete CAD program to use whilst do the training
- Direct email access to our trainers to answer your questions
- CAD International CAD-Level-1 Certificate issued on successful completion
- The latest CAD Software to download and complete the course with
- Introduction: A bit of history and background understanding of CAD and how CAD is has developed and is used.
- Overview: An understanding of the course material and of the terminology you will encounter.
- Installation: How to download, install and set your CAD software for successful operation.
- User Interface: Clear and concise understanding of the software interface and the logic behind it.
- Help Systems: How to use the Help database, the online support and the manual to get the most from your software.
- Zooming and Panning: How best to operate an unlimited size design world on a limited size screen.
- Entity Selection: The process of picking and choosing entities to draw with and the best methods of making the right selections.
- Properties: Investigating and changing the properties of items you have selected to make them look the way you want.
- Style Sets: How to group various properties into named sets so you draw faster with fewer clicks.
- Cloning: Property duplication by using the clone command copy and apply properties from existing geometry.
- Free Drawing: Learning to draw without a pencil, but using the intelligence built in to CAD.
- Constrained Drawing: Making the most of tools that keep your drawing 100% accurate and professional.
- Coordinates: Different ways of entering data to suit different applications such as mechanical, architectural, landscape, electrical and survey drawings.
- Cursor Snaps: How to make the most of smart on-screen magnetic location features.
- Position Location Commands: How to draw with precision at any time.
- Trim, Extend, Divide, Delete: Exploration of all the main editing features used all the time when creating and modifying a drawing.
- Copying: Exploring the power of duplication, one of the big advantages of any CAD program.
- Shape Drawing: Step by step exercise to draw a defined 2D shape using the tools you’ve learned so far.
- Dimensions: Applying accurate dimensions to your drawings in just a few clicks.
From here you can use the software confidently for basic drawing or add CAD Level 2 training to compliment and expand your understanding and ability.
CAD Level 2 follows on from CAD Level 1 and provides a comprehensive understanding of the use of 2D. By completing CAD level 1 and 2 you will be able to confidently begin using CAD in whatever design field you are involved.
- 20 comprehensive step by step exercises that continue on from your level 1 learning
- Quizzes at the end of each section to lock it in.
- PDF manual detailing every command.
- Direct access to our trainers to answer your questions.
- CAD International CAD Level 2 Certificate issued on successful completion.
- The latest CAD Software to download and complete the course with.
- Planes: comprehensive use of planes from gradient, solid, hatch, bitmap and pattern hatching.
- Changing Planes: exploring how to change planes rather than reinsert them.
- Arranging: How to re-order the display of entities on screen to reveal or hide them from view.
- Measuring: How to accurately obtain area, length and angle measurements from your drawings.
- Anchoring and Aligning: How to set out and align planes to other geometry in your drawing.
- Design Advice: How best to use planes without overpowering your drawing.
- Composed Drawings: Working with virtual layouts and placing multiple views of your drawing onto pre-configured sheets.
- Basic Text: Setting and using Text in your drawing sheets.
- Scaled Text: Understanding the concepts behind scaled and non-scaled text.
- Design Advice: How best to use Text in your drawing. What to do and what not to do.
- Basic Printing: Methods of printing. Quick print, preview current Window and Preview Scaled.
- Print Scaling: Getting accurate scaled drawings on any size paper.
- Generating PDF: Smartest ways to produce high quality small file size PDF files using PDF software.
- Figures/Comonents: Comprehensive use and creation of Figures/Components.
- Templates: Maximising the use of Template files to streamline your drawing process.
- Shape Exercises: Set of comprehensive exercise to test your knowledge and ability to think laterally when using CAD.
- Architectural Plan: Set of exercises to draw an architectural plan.
- DWG and DXF: Practical hands on of how import and edit DWG and DXF files
- Have completed CAD Level 1 already
- Complete set of video streaming lessons
- Printable step by step tutorial and
- Direct email access to the trainer for questions
- 3D CAD Modelling training certificate
Students learn how to develop simple 3D models, view and edit them interactively and create 2D Layouts from the 3D model. Create visible line, hidden line, shaded and combined views, as well as create plans and elevations.
This course is designed as an introduction to 3D modelling using RealCAD Pro and requires that the student is already proficient in using RealCAD in 2D or has completed the CAD-Level 1 and 2 courses.
What people say…..
“Plewrethsdhsdfgbnsdfgbnsdb e the 3D course but unfortunately i can’t! Great work. think i’ll be suffering withdrawal symptoms!”
Joel Barnett, (again)
Hidden so the rest of the accordion items are closed
This option is hidden (see Advanced Tab > Main CSS) so the rest of the accordion options are closed
Do I have to purchase the software first?
Do I get support whilst doing the course?
Will this help me to get a job as a drafter?
If you work for a company that uses a different CAD software, what you learn in this courses will still assist you in your understanding and learning of other Architectural CAD programs.